A family of four were lucky to escape unharmed after the ceiling in their Seville Grove home collapsed on Saturday night.
Armadale SES volunteers were called to the home on Brown Street about 8.30pm on March 30.
Deputy Manager Ron Stroet said it was the largest ceiling collapse he had attended during his time as a volunteer.
“The ceiling covered the whole kitchen, dining and lounge area causing dust to go everywhere,” he said.
“The owners said they were very lucky not to have been hurt considering one was near the kitchen and another person was on the couch at the time of the collapse.”
Mr Stroet said it took the volunteers more than hour to remove the fallen ceiling and clean the mess.
The homeowners are insured.