Unattended candle burns down home

Unattended candle burns down home

113
The fire gutted the Mount Richon property.

Plumes of thick black smoke were seen across the valley on the weekend as a fire destroyed a home in Mount Richon. 

The fire at the Jasper Place property was first reported to authorities about 12pm on April 19. 

Six units from Armadale, Maddington and Murdoch were called to the blaze which was believed to have been started by an unattended candle. 

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said the fire gutted the single storey home causing about $350,000 damage.