Two family businesses in Willetton have been devastated by a fire that took 21 firefighting crews three hours to control
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services confirmed that a triple-0 call was received at 12.55am on Sunday November 12, with the caller reporting units on fire at Yampi Way in Willetton.
Crews from Canning Vale, Kensington, Belmont, Welshpool and Fremantle rushed to the scene to find two family businesses, Auto Tyre Plus and Ed the Fridgeman, completely engulfed in flames.
A smoke alert was issued for the area surrounding Yampi Way, with concerns about asbestos in the roof of the two units.
The fire was under control by by 3.40am and largely extinguished by 9am, with the remaining firefighters on site monitoring hotspots until 10am.
There is no damage estimate and DFES confirmed the cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
The devastation felt by the Ed the Fridgeman team was palpable even through social media.
“We regret to inform our loyal friends and customers that Ed the Fridgeman has been affected by a fire at our premise,” their Facebook post read.
“Everyone is OK however we are devastated at this time.
“We will be running services only until we know more over the coming weeks.
“We will be contacting anyone who had a fridge being fixed at the workshop in due time.
“Please be patient with us at this time and any support you can give us is gratefully received.
“Love Ed, Christine and the team at Ed the Fridgeman.”