House fire causes $150,000 damage

House fire causes $150,000 damage

More than a dozen residents watched on as emergency crews attended to a fire at a Harrisdale home last week. Photograph – Aaron Van Rongen.

Fire crews from Armadale, Canning Vale and Murdoch were called to a house fire last week which caused about $150,000 damage. 

The fire, at the Garinga Road home in Harrisdale, was first reported to authorities about 3.41pm on February 13. 

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said the fire was contained to a back room of the single-storey three-bedroom home. 

The fire was deemed accidental with a cigarette butt on outdoor furniture believed to be the initial cause of the blaze. 

Photographs – Aaron Van Rongen